Sunday, September 12, 2010

Raya Di Perantauan

This year's Raya taught me a lot of things, and made me see things in a different way.

First of all is the hardship of Ramadan.
In Malaysia, it's all easy. There's no summer heat, no longer daylight times, and everyone is cooperating with you.
Here in Japan, it's a different story.
Summer heat, it was torture. I had to go for my band practice during the day, I had to walk in the brisking hot sun, I had to scream at the top of my lungs during practice (I am the vocalist) and after practice, every other band members drank 7-Up.
No wonder when I got home, I just drank up Lemon CC. I didn't care. I am thirsty, Lord forgive me.
Then you have the long daylight hours. At 4, it's already Fajr, and you have to wait till 6.30 something for Maghrib. It's fortunate that the summer is ending, so the days are becoming shorter and the temperature's getting more reasonably low.

Heh, that was Ramadan.

How about Eid?

No takbirs, don't know where to go for prayers, and no usual delicious food.
I ate soba for Eid. Not a good idea.

But yesterday's gathering with fellow Malaysians were fun and delighting. I get to meet a lot of new faces, and I really enjoy the gathering, especially because of the little girls-yeah, I think I'm really a pedophile bastard-putting that aside, it was really fun.

Autumn will come pretty soon. It's not that hot anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment